Monday 21 February 2011

Corridor Puzzle -- Assets

I am experimenting with a puzzle aspect of my map. I intend for there to be a puxzzle near the beginning of the map which will involve corridors which will change shape and layout as the player travels through them. This will create a feeling of confusion for the player.

here are some basic corridor segments I created in max. I had to create these as meshes because subtracted/additive geometry cannot be animated in UDK.


The image above shows how the corridor segments can be implemented. The 1st state is a dead end, while the 2nd state leads into another corridor. I plan to create an puzzle where the layout of the corridors will change as the player travels through them. This will get across a feeling of immersion. The player will have to think to get through the maze. These pieces are placed into the map as Interp Actors, they can then be animated via kismet/matinee to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment